Frequently Asked Questions
- Under Staying With Us, See Admission Requirements to ensure you qualify for Family Accommodations.
- Complete our Online Booking Application.
- Secure your booking: To confirm all bookings, we require a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express) on file.
- A member of the Family Accommodations Team will reach out to you to obtain your credit card information from you. Wherever possible, please provide a telephone number where we can easily contact you. *For security reasons we ask that you do not email credit card numbers and expiry dates to us.
- Booking Confirmations will be confirmed by email within two business days. Please note: we do not provide reminder calls or emails in regard to your booking.
For families currently staying in Family Accommodations looking to enquire about extending their stay, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a detailed message at 416-425-6220 ext 3340. Detailed required in this request include:
- Name and new proposed check out date.
While we make every effort to accommodate qualifying families, due to the high volume of requests and our limited availability, we cannot guarantee that a room will be available to extend your stay. We appreciate as much advanced notice as possible when sending requests of this nature.
Phone: 416-425-6220 ext. 3340
All email inquiries and voicemail queries will be responded to within 2 business days.
Unfortunately, we do not keep a waiting list. Please check back with us closer to your check-in date to see if there have been any cancellations. Alternatively, please refer to our Accommodations Guide which lists potential offsite accommodation options.
*Please note that Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is not affiliated with the accommodation options in our guide.
Please refer to our Code of Conduct.
- You can check in after 2:00 PM and preferably before 9:00 PM.
- Please check out before 11:00 AM and return your card keys to Main Reception no later than 11:15 AM.
You can only access the Family Accommodations area using the East Elevator. This space is within a secure key card access area of the hospital. Your keycard(s) will be provided to you upon your check in at Main Reception, after the accommodations waiver agreement has been signed. See Waiver Below.
Please note the following:
- Key cards are issued to guest(s) 16 years or older that are staying overnight in Family Accommodations.
- Lost or damaged access cards: A charge of $50.00 will be applied to your bill for any “access card(s)” damaged or card(s) not returned at the time of departure.
To support environmental sustainability, we have implemented the following measures:
- We have discontinued the use of single-use cups. We encourage our guests and families to bring their own reusable water bottle, which can be used with our water and ice dispensers.
- We offer a towel exchange system for our guests. If you prefer to reuse your towel, please hang it on the provided towel racks. For a fresh towel, simply place your used one in the designated exchange basket, and our housekeeping team will happily provide a replacement.
Every room is serviced by out housekeeping staff regularly and is equipped with the following:
- An accessible en suite washroom, telephone, mini-fridge.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, flat screen TV compatible with Apple Airplay and a DVD/Blu-ray player.
- A table and chair, suitable for computer use.
- Ceiling lifts – guests must provide their own sling.
- Linens and storage, designated laundry basket.
*Please note that only certain rooms have a bathtub and wheelchair accessible automatic door paddle. If you require these features please include this in your booking request.
Onsite Parking Fees:
Parking during your Family Accommodations stay is $10.50 per day or $65.00 for a 30 day pass. You can purchase a pass at Main Reception.
*There is a charge for a lost parking pass of $10.50 per pass.
- Our Food Services department has prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner vouchers. You can purchase these vouchers at Main Reception. Vouchers are redeemable in the Brain Injury Rehab Team (BIRT) or Specialized Orthopaedic and Developmental Rehabilitation (SODR) kitchen.
- Please Note: Dietary restrictions may not be accounted for. Please connect with the food services staff for any inquiries.
- Breakfast Vouchers: $5.00/ voucher
- Lunch Vouchers: $10.00/ voucher
- Dinner Vouchers: $10.00/ voucher
- Tim Hortons is located on the first floor and is open Mondays to Fridays from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Garden Grill is located on the first floor and is open Mondays to Fridays from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. To find out more about what food options are available, visit the link below.