CP Discovery Lab - Our Team
Meet our team of scientists, staff, students and volunteers.
Dr. Darcy Fehlings (MD MSc FRCPC)
Principal Investigator & Scientific Director of CP-NET. See Dr. Fehlings' full scientist profile
Lauren Switzer, MSc
Lauren is the Research Manager of the CP Discovery Lab and Program Manager of the Cerebral Palsy Integrated Neuroscience Discovery Network (funded by the Ontario Brain Institute). She has received her Master of Science degree in Epidemiology & Biostatistics from Western University. Previously, she has worked on clinical research studies focused on child and maternal health.
Mani Kang, MSc
Mani serves the CP Discovery Lab as a consultant on various research projects including the Childhood Cerebral Palsy Integrated Neuroscience Discovery Network (funded by the Ontario Brain Institute). Previously, he has worked in large scale university affiliated clinical research sites focusing on dementia and stroke recovery. Mani holds a Master of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees from York University.
Daniel Warner, BSc, CCRP
Daniel is a Clinical Research Coordinator in the CP Discovery Lab. He has completed a Bachelor of Science degree with Honors in Psychology from Queen’s University and completed the clinical research graduate program at Humber College. Daniel began his career as a research coordinator in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units at The Ottawa Hospital and the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario. Daniel is responsible for the coordination of three studies examining various interventions to treat and manage cerebral palsy.
Flora Wan, MASc
Flora is the Neuroinformatics Lead in the CP Discovery Lab. She completed her Bachelor degree at Dartmouth College with a major in Computer Science modified with Engineering. She worked as a software developer and consultant at IBM Canada and then went on to complete a Master of Applied Science degree at the University of Toronto in the area of Human Factors Engineering. Prior to joining the Bloorview Research Institute, Flora has also worked in the Communication and Writing Aids Service at Holland Bloorview as an Assistive Technology Consultant. Flora contributes to the CP-NET research project through her technical, clinical and research skills in pediatrics.
Natasha is a Research Assistant in the CP Discovery Lab. She has completed a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Linguistics at the University of Victoria, and is currently pursuing a post-graduate certificate in Applied Clinical Research through McMaster University. Since 2012, Natasha has been privileged with the opportunity to work with children and adults with different abilities, and has developed a passion for research in pediatric neurological development. She is excited to be contributing to CP-NET and CP Registry – provincial and national research projects focused on children with cerebral palsy.
Ritesh Thapa, MBBS
Ritesh is a Research Coordinator at the CP Discovery Lab for the CP-NET Clinical Database study. Ritesh comes from a medical background and did his MBBS degree from Kathmandu University. Before joining the CP Discovery Lab, he worked for a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation centre for children with cerebral palsy and other neuro-developmental disorders in Nepal.
Marina is a Neuroinformatics intern supporting CP-NET with the Ontario Brain Institute. She completed her undergraduate degree in Honours Neuroscience at the University of Toronto, St. George campus. Her experience in neuroscience research spans neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as a multitude of techniques, from Western blots to neuroimaging. Currently, she is keen on developing her skills in programming and foray into the neurotech sphere at U of T. Marina is excited to contribute to CP-NET, an integrated neuroscience network focused on children with cerebral palsy.
- Heather Shearer (DC, MSc, FCCS(C)) - PhD Student, Clinical Epidemiology, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto
- Analyssa Cardenas - MSc Student, Rehabilitation Sciences Institute, University of Toronto
- Gayatri Sivaratnam - Ward Family Endowment Research Summer Student (Summer 2018)
- Luisa Garzon - Masters in Rehabilitation Science, University of Toronto (2015-2017)
- Emma Smith- Ward Family Endowment Research Summer Student (Summer 2017)
- Leah Brown - Ward Family Endowment Research Summer Student (Summer 2016)
- Sezgi Ozel - Ward Family Endowment Research Summer Student (Summer 2015)
- Briar Findlay - Social Pediatrics Research Summer Student (Summer 2014)
- Seema Emami - Ward Family Endowment Research Summer Student (Summer 2014)
- Rhandi Christensen – Research Summer Student (Summer 2013)
- Wen Yan Xie – University of Toronto CREMS Research Scholar Student (2011-2013)
- Navneet Binepal – University of Toronto CREMS Research Summer Student (Summer 2010)
- Natasha Datoo – Research Summer Student (Summer 2010)
- Mark Miller – University of Toronto CREMS Research Summer Student (Summer 2009)
- Charles Wong – Ward Family Endowment Research Summer Student (Summer 2008)
- Payal Agarwal – University of Toronto CREMS Research Summer Student (Summer 2008)
- Kelsey Adams
- Jessica Silver
- Ilana Walters