Please note that we continue to monitor and follow COVID-19 recommendations from the provincial and local health authorities. As such, the following changes have been made to our Fall schedule:
· A reduction in class sizes
· All classes will be offered in the Recreational Pool
· An online self-screening form must be completed prior to every visit to the pool. The completed form will have to be shown to the screeners as you enter the building.
· Whenever possible, arrive with your bathing suit on under your clothes to help restrict the number of people needing to use the change rooms.
On-line registration for Fall programs will open at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 14.
Aquafitness classes with the same name will vary in content depending on the instructor as Holland Bloorview encourages our instructors to bring their personal touch to each program. Our instructors design each class to work the total body and give you a pleasant Aquafitness experience.
During each class participants are encouraged to work at their own pace and within their own limitations, remembering to do only what feels right.
• If you have medical limitations, you should only do what your medical advisor has recommended. Participants are encouraged (not mandatory) to advise their instructor of medical limitations so the instructor can monitor/modify the movements.
• These programs are suitable for people who have arthritis or fibromyalgia. Others who have a similar need for a gentle workout are also welcome to attend.
• Pregnant participants should advise their instructor as soon as possible. Your instructor will provide helpful guidelines to make your class a pleasant experience.
• Female participants should wear swimsuits that provide the same breast support that they would wear to a land class.
• Bring a bottle of water to all classes.
Participant: instructor ratio
• 10:1 in our big pool classes