Sunday respite day program
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital provides day respite on Sundays throughout the fall, winter and spring seasons. It is available for young people who have physical disabilities with or without developmental delays and require a high level of support, allowing their families to have a much-needed break.
*Please Note TIME CHANGE: the Sunday day respite program now runs from 1:30pm to 7:00pm.
- Be 4 to 21 years old
- Have a physical disability, with or without developmental delays
- Be comfortable in a group environment
- Require no more than 1:1 support
Priority is given to children who require nursing care.
- There is a one-to-one caregiver model to ensure the safety of clients and others.
- There is support from a nurse, who administers medication, performs or supervises G tube feeds and attends to medical needs such as catheterization.
- January 5, 12, 19, 26
- February 2, 9, 23 (no program February 16)
- March 1, 8, 29 (no program March 15 and 22)
The program time is 1:30-7:00pm
There is a $45 daily fee for the weekend respite day program. If you require financial support, please contact the Family Resource Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-425-6220 ext 6560
Families are encouraged to register early, as space is limited. Please visit our respite registration page for more information.
Creative Arts March Break Respite Camp
Come play, dance, sing and make art together for a week of spring creativity with our experienced artists, musicians and care team.
March 16-20, 2020
Please contact Program Administrator for registration details at:
email@example.com or 416-425-6220 x3317