About the Teaching and Learning Institute
Golda Milo-Manson, VP of Medicine and Academic Affairs, addresses the role of the Teaching and Learning Institute.
The Teaching and Learning Institute plays a vital role in ensuring excellence in paediatric care at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Founded in 2011, the Institute has since made significant progress in the launch of a number of initiatives outlined in the Teaching and Learning strategic plan and strategy map. Click here to view our accomplishments.
Our goal at the Teaching and Learning Institute is to inspire, enable and support our staff to contribute to educating the next generation of health professionals in paediatric rehabilitation by:
- Enhancing the student and trainee experience through the creation of our Centralized Student Services
- Leading interprofessional education (IPE) in childhood disability
- Extending teaching and learning to clients and families; embracing families as faculty
- Exploring simulation as a learning tool for staff and students and as a vehicle for organizational change
- Promoting the adoption of clinical practice guidelines through Evidence to Care (EtC)
- Providing expertise and support in knowledge translation (KT) best practices
- Providing optimal support to enable staff and students access to library services.