Training and education topics:
- A specific diagnosis or disability and how it impacts a child’s participation in child care
- General strategies for inclusive programming such as adapting toys, activities and classroom design
- Modifications to outdoor play equipment and activities
- Workshops for staff on specific disabilities and/or interventions
- Individualized training to advance your practice and improve your assessment and programming skills
The community outreach service provides:
- Consultative support to child-care centres in the Toronto area regarding programming, occupational therapy consultation and school transitions
- Links to community support
- Community education, awareness, and advocacy
Referrals must come from City of Toronto child-cares centres or resource consultants within the child-care system.
Please note: registration with this service does not facilitate access to other Holland Bloorview services.