Holland Bloorview’s research institute is proud to host the annual Pursuit Award competition – recognizing PhD students and recent alumni from across the globe for their outstanding contributions to and achievements in childhood disability research.
This year's recipients are:
- Dr. Stephanie Snow, psychologist (candidate register), Outpatient Community Mental Health and Addictions program, IWK Health Centre, Nova Scotia (first place)
- Dr. Patrick Jachyra, post-doctoral fellow at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (second place)
Dr. Emily Ho, occupational therapist, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children (third place)
The annual Pursuit Award is made possible by the generous contributions of Holland Bloorview Foundation donors, the Ward Family, and the Bloorview Research Institute.
For more information, please contact BRIevents@hollandbloorview.ca.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 2021 PURSUIT AWARDS
We encourage you to apply if your PhD research is focused on pediatric disability and you are a:
- Current PhD student (less than six months away from defense); OR
- Postdoctoral trainee (within one year of receiving PhD; OR
- Recent graduate (within one year of receiving their PhD .
Finalists are evaluated based on significance of research results, methodological rigour, empirical content, and impact and relevance to the field of childhood disability.