Accessing onsite legal assistance
Pro Bono Ontario, in partnership with Holland Bloorview, offers a free onsite legal assistance program at for qualifying clients and families. The program uses legal solutions to address issues that can impact a child’s health or a family’s capacity to care for their child. The onsite lawyer can help with housing issues, special education, immigration and employment law, among other subject areas. The issues do not need to be directly related to Holland Bloorview medical services. The Triage Lawyer is available on Mondays and Wednesdays.
If you or your child is a client at Holland Bloorview, and you would like more information about this service, please ask your clinician for a referral; contact a family support specialist at the Holland Bloorview Grocery Resource Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call the Pro Bono Lawyer directly at 416-425-6220 ext 6557 or email Rosemary Masemann at email@example.com.
Legal Health Questionnaire
Take the Legal Health Questionnaire today to see if you might benefit from this service!
PBO (Pro Bono Ontario) at Holland Bloorview helps clients and families find legal solutions to address the non-medical issues that may impact a child’s health or a family’s capacity to care for their child. Take this questionnaire to see if you need a legal check-up today!
- Do you have trouble making ends meet for your child’s special needs, housing, food etc.?
- Do you have health care coverage including coverage for assistive devices, supplies, prescriptions etc.?
- Do you have a safe, accessible & clean place to live for you and your child?
- Do you have concerns about estate planning?
- Do you have concerns about being able to make decisions for your child once he or she becomes an adult?
- Are you up to date in filing your income tax so you can access benefits?
- Is your child attending school? Does your child’s school placement meet their special needs?
- Do you have problems in the workplace (e.g. getting time off to care for child’s needs)?
- Do you have an immigration/status challenge?
- Do you have any other legal problems that may affect the care of your child?
If you have any of the above concerns, there may be a legal solution. Eligible clients and their families may access free legal assistance during business hours by contacting Rosemary Masemann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-425-6220 extension 6557.
The PBO Lawyer is available on Mondays and Wednesdays.