Our program serves children from birth to age five, who are identified as having an established risk of developmental delay and disabilities – including physical, neurological and prematurity. We serve children and families in the Toronto region.
Les services de développement des enfants sont offerts en français par le Centre francophone de Toronto. Pour plus d’informations, contactez le Centre francophone de Toronto au 416 922 2672, poste 274.
Some of our services include:
- Initial client intake team consultation at a Holland Bloorview designated setting
- Informal and formal child and family assessments, using a variety of tools
- Direct early intervention in all developmental domains (gross and fine motor, social and emotional, language and cognitive)
- Planning interventions to promote secure infant attachment
- Help accessing information about additional community resources and supports
- Advocacy for and with families in their relationship with health, social and community services
- Sharing information related to typical and atypical child development
- A play-based intervention program plan to promote positive parent-infant interactions and support for the relationship
- We recognize that infancy and early childhood are crucial periods in the healthy development of an individual.
- Our commitment to family-centred care is demonstrated in our respect for families and in recognizing that they are active participants in our service delivery.
Who we serve
- Our services are offered to families whose children have been identified as having established risks of developmental delays and disabilities including physical and neurological markers or prematurity.
- We serve families with children from birth to age five, residing in the Toronto region. Children do not need to be Holland Bloorview clients to access our services.
Our 0 - 2 babies program
The integrated group program is at the Holland Bloorview Nursery School – Play and Learn site (666 Eglinton Ave. W).
- 2.25 hours of service are offered once a week on Tuesdays or Fridays.
- A fee for service applies to this program.