Family Navigation Hub - Housing Workshop
This Housing workshop will feature Mariya Nurhussein, Housing Support Worker at The Neighbourhood Organization (TNO). Mariya's presentation will be about understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant in Ontario. The workshop will also share information about how to access available housing supports and programs. The presentation will include information about:
• Housing Help Services
• Understanding the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA)
• What to know about: renting a unit, rent increases, maintenance and repairs, privacy, moving out
• Eviction process and eviction prevention resources
• Legal rights with discrimination and harassment related to housing
• Subsidized housing
• Utility bill and rental support programs
This event will take place over Zoom. Live automated captions will be provided. If you have any questions, if you require language interpretation or any other accommodations, please contact Stephanie Moynagh at email@example.com or 416-425-6220 ext. 6146 prior to the event.
Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing and want to reach us by phone? Try Relay Service: www.bell.ca/Accessibility_services/Bell_Relay_service. Or if you have a TTY or VCO phone, dial 711 and give the number provided.