This BRI Summer Student Opportunity in pediatric rehabilitation research will be awarded to one to two students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Currently enrolled in a full or part-time undergraduate or college program with a minimum cumulative average of 75% over the last two years.
2. Pursuing any field of study that has potential to bring value to research in pediatric rehabilitation. Typical fields of study include, but are not limited to a particular discipline. Examples include: engineering, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physiotherapy, social work, psychology, sociology, health sciences, nursing, pediatrics, health policy, etc.
3. Demonstrated interest in working with one of the supervisors available to accept students, listed above. Please clearly indicate in your cover letter, a maximum of 3 supervisors you would be interested in working with.
4. Have lived experience with physical, cognitive, developmental, neurodevelopmental disorder or disability, or brain injury.
5. Candidates must be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status (and eligible to work in Canada).
Note: If the person providing your reference wishes to submit directly to BRI, they can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; noting in the subject line your first and last name, as well as the last name of the scientist(s) you have applied to work with.