Quality FM Course - Zoom Based Format
Instructed by Virginia Wright, PT, PhD, Bloorview Research Institute, Toronto, Canada
- Tuesday May 31, 14:30 PM– 18:30 PM CET
- Wednesday June 22, 14:30 PM– 18:30 PM CET
- Monday June 27, 14:30 PM– 18:30 PM CET
- Wednesday July 6, 14:30 PM– 18:30 PM CET
- Cost: 385 Canadian $ (includes Certification Test post course). Maximum of 20 participants.
- Attendees: Physical therapists or other health care provider working in the field of pediatric cerebral palsy who use the Gross Motor Function Measure in their clinical practice.
Quality FM workshop objectives
- Acquire background on the measurement of quality of movement in CP
- Develop an awareness of the structure and potential uses of the Quality FM
- Become familiar with the five quality attributes of the Quality FM
- Gain an understanding of the Quality FM’s generic and detailed scoring system and psychometric properties (workshop ½ day #1)
- View/discuss videos of the performance style of GMFM skills of typically developing children as frame of reference (spread throughout the training days)
- Use the Quality FM to score videos of children with CP in GMFCS I. II and III (workshop ½ days #2 to #4), with group participation in the scoring using the voting mechanism on Zoom - allows interactive learning style with whole group (open microphones for frequent Q and A sessions and chat box review)
- Learn the process of administering a Quality FM style GMFM assessment through viewing of a GMFM video creation process (workshop ½ day #3)
- Acquire strategies/ideas for implementing the Quality FM in clinical and research practice (workshop ½ day #4)
- Review the next steps of self-training using the Quality FM video materials posted for exclusive use of course participants on the Holland Bloorview Outcomes website in preparation of Quality FM Criterion test (post-course)
Pre-reading of background materials required before first session (2 hours) and brief homework manual review/practical assignments (1 to 2 hours) between sessions. Attendance at all 4 sessions is needed to gain a full understanding of the Quality FM.
Questions? Please contact the organizer, Dr Virginia Wright, at firstname.lastname@example.org