January 18, 2016
Event: The Conference Board of Canada Hosts Brain Health Conference
An event hosted by The Conference Board of Canada will occur on March 2, 2016 in Toronto, Ontario. Bloorview Research Institute Senior Clinician Scientist Evdokia Anagnostou will be speaking alongside many leaders in brain health and wellness.
Please see below for more information from The Conference Board of Canada on the upcoming event.
Brain health has a huge impact on the way Canadians live their lives. In the next 15 years, estimates indicate that the number of cases of dementia will near 1.4 million—a shocking 90 per cent increase from 2011. In addition to those alarming numbers, an estimated 4.2 million employed Canadians are living with mental illness.
Join us on March 2nd as experts and delegates discuss neurological and mental health challenges across the three buckets of life—children and youth, adulthood, and the aging population. This approach will uncover the issues and their impact on Canadians.
Visit the Conference Board website to view the agenda, which includes speakers:
- André Picard, Public Health Reporter, The Globe and Mail
- Dan Goldowitz, Scientific Director, NeuroDevNet
- Dr. Kathleen Pajer, Chief, Department of Psychiatry, The Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Dr. Jana Davidson, Psychiatrist-in-Chief, BC Children's Hospital
- Alex Munter, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Evdokia Anagnostou, Senior Clinician Scientist, Bloorview Research Institute at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and Associate Professor at University of Toronto
- Edward Mantler, Vice-President, Programs and Priorities, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Olivia Heffernan, Peer Facilitator, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
To register for the event, please click the link.
If you have any questions about registration or the program, please contact Emily Hayward at email@example.com or call 613-526-3090 ext. 393.