We ask participants to:
- provide a genetic sample (blood draw or spit kit and cheek swab)
- complete some assessments
- parents complete questionnaires and an interview
In addition you have an opportunity to do an MRI brain scan at SickKids and will receive a picture of their brain!
Assessments and questionnaires will take between 3-4hrs of your time and we can accommodate morning, day or evenings appointments – whatever is easiest for you!
What are the benefits of participating?
- Participants will receive a $20.00 gift certificate upon completion of the study
- You can also receive volunteer hours for school.
- Parking or TTC costs will also be reimbursed.
- Your involvement will help doctors come up with better ways to help people with disorders who may want treatment.